The purpose of this tutorial is to help you get started when you are ready to start transferring your domain from MelbourneIT.com.au to another domain registrar. There are some things that must take place before you can begin to transfer your domain name. Once they are done, you can begin the domain name transfer at the home web site for the new domain name registrar where you want your domain name transferred to. This tutorial assumes that you have a domain already registered with MelbourneIT.com.au, and we are going to start on their home page.
The first thing you must do is make sure the domain name is not locked, or you will be prevented from transferring the domain out of the current registry.
- Begin by clicking on My Account.
- Now click on Log In.
- Enter your MelbourneIT.com.au account username and password in the boxes on the log-in screen. Now click on the Log In button.
- You are now logged in to your MelbourneIT.com.au account.
- Click on Manage Domain Names in the list on the left hand side. This opens a new screen, with your domain names listed.
- Select the domain name for which you want to remove the registry lock, by clicking in the box in front of the domain name.
- Now Click on Lock/Unlock from the list above the domains.
- Now click Go.
- On the new screen, click the Unlock Domain button.
- The lock has now been removed from the domain name, so it can now be transferred to another domain registry.
There are several other things that need to be done while you are logged in to your account. You should verify that your Contact Info is correct and up-to-date both at the current registry and the Who-Is. You also should obtain, most likely by email, what is called the EPP code, the Authorization Code, or the KEY Code, or it may be called a different name. It is the authorization code that allows the registries to permit the transfer of your domain name. This code needs to be given to your new domain registrar to begin the transfer process. When finished, go up to My Account. Click Log Out.
You are now ready to visit our web site or contact us to initiate the domain transfer request. This ends this tutorial. You now know how to unlock your domain at its current registrar, if the registrar is MelbourneIT.com.au, so that it can be transferred to another domain registry.