This tutorial is to help you get started when you are ready to start transferring your domain from NameBargain.com to another domain registrar. There are several things that must take place before you can begin to transfer your domain name. Once they are done, you can begin the domain name transfer at the home web site for the new domain name registrar where you want your domain name transferred to. This tutorial assumes that you have a domain already registered with NameBargain.com, and we are going to start on their home page.
The first thing you must do is make sure the domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of the current registry.
- Begin by clicking on the log-in button in the left hand menu.
- Enter your NameBargain.com account username and password in the boxes on the log-in screen.
- Now click on the login button. You are now logged in to your NameBargain.com account.
- Click on the link in the first statement that tells you how many domain names you have in your account. This opens a screen with all your domains.
- Now select the domain for which you want to turn the registry lock off by clicking on the domain name. This opens the Domain Control Panel screen.
- Scroll down, and click on the "Registrar-Lock Options for Domain Names and Services" Link.
- Un-check the box that says "Do not allow this name to be transferred to another registrar", then click on the Save Changes button.
- The lock has now been removed from the domain name, so it can now be transferred to another domain registry.
There are several other things that need to be done while you are logged in to your account. You should verify that your Contact Info is correct and up-to-date both at the current registry and the Who-Is. You also should obtain, most likely by email, what is called the EPP code, or the KEY Code, or it may be called a different name. It is the authorization code that allows the registries to permit the transfer of your domain name. This code needs to be given to your new domain registrar to begin the transfer process. When finished, click the log out link, in the left hand side menu.
You are now ready to visit our web site or contact us to initiate the domain transfer request. This ends this tutorial. You now know how to unlock your domain at its current registrar, if the registrar is NameBargain.com, so that it can be transferred to another domain registry.