Dear Customer,

We would like you to know about the following possible disruption of service.

Service Affected: Several servers on our Dutch network

Impact: Minor Impact

Start Date: Thursday, 18th of January 2018, 02:00 PM (GMT)

End Date: Thursday, 18th of January 2018, 05:00 PM (GMT )

Status Report: Service Status

Description:

The issue at hand: Since we upgraded and patched all our servers to prevent abuse of the kernel issues that were published last week we saw that several servers experienced (extremely) degraded performance during their backup routine.

The solution: We are moving those servers that are affected to a new and optimised platform which has shown not to be affected by those applied patches.
The move should be (almost) seamless but we can't guarantee that there may not be some downtime. This may occur as the final data is moved, the IP numbers are linked to the new servers and possibly a restart of these new servers and to make all these changes permanent.

Why did we decide to make this an emergency maintenance window and plan it at such short notice?

We didn't want to wait any longer as all other options that have been tried and tested have proven to work in many situations but not in a few others. To make sure there is as little impact on our client's servers and services we have decided not to wait until the next (few) backup periods but to get it sorted now to minimise the effect of this mandatory security update we had to implement. And we have chosen to do this during the daytime, rather than the usual night or weekend slots, so that we have all hands on decks If, against all odds and test results, something unexpected would happen.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this may cause and if there are any questions, please contact our technical support team.

With kind regards
Support team

Update:

Moving the data from 1 of our VPS's is taking a little longer than expected but we do expect this to be done pretty soon.
We are monitoring non-stop and adjust and correct where we can and need to.
We are confident that this server will be available again soon as well.

Update:

Part 1 of the move has been completed correctly. Part 2 has now started looks to be on target.

Update:

Regrettably, 1 of our servers did not reliably came back online after the move.
Our first priority is to move it back to the previous platform, where it was before the move, and get it back online asap.
Once that is done we will investigate what happened and why this didn't go as planned so that we can ascertain how to proceed from there.

Our sincere apologies for this unexpected result and we are very aware of the undesired result.

Update:

The server has been moved back to the old instance and is running through its disk and file checks after which it will restart and come back online.
We are monitoring progress very closely.

Update:

The file and system check is progressing but it is still running.
We're afraid we can't rush this part or even influence the speed of it, hopefully, it will be done soon.

Update:

The last server seems to have been fully recovered and is online.
We are running some final tests to make sure everything is as it should be and we expect that they will be.

Update:

All servers have been online and stable.
We will now investigate further and see why we came across some unexpected issues although we had prepared and tested everything thoroughly before making the move.
From this, we'll have to plan a new date for the move and we will keep you posted about this again.

Again, our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.
For any concerns, you can contact us via the usual methods, of course.



Thursday, January 18, 2018







« Back