|Time Zone:||China Standard Time (UTC+8)|
.中国 is the official ccTLD IDN of China.
Companies and individuals outside China are allowed to register Chinese domain names again.
- Minimum: 3
- Maximum: 63
- Letters and numbers
- Hyphens ("-"), however not at the beginning or directly in front of the TLD
- A Chinese Domain Name must contain at least one Chinese character. You may choose Chinese characters, ASCII letters (A-Z same as a-z), numbers (0-9) or hyphen (-) to compose your Chinese Domain Name. The length shall be limited within 20 characters (letters).
IDNs only for chinese characters beneath .中国 and not under Third-Level .中国 Domains.
- Contents that are opposed to the basic principles formulated in the Constitution;
- Contents that disclose the State secrets, aim to jeopardize the security of the State and overthrow the State power, and attempt to destroy the unification of the country;
- Contents that are designed to harm the glory and interests of the State;
- Contents that instigate national animosity, national discrimination, and destroy national unity;
- Contents that do damage to religious policies of the State and propaganda heresy and feudal superstition;
- Contents that disseminate rumors, disturb social order, and destroy social stability;
- Contents that disseminate obscenity, eroticism, gambling, violence, murder, terror or induce crimes;
- Contents that insult or calumniate other people, and infringe upon the legitimate rights and interests of other people;
- Contents that are forbidden by laws, rules and regulations.
- In accordance with "China Internet Domain Name Regulations", any organization or individual must not register or use domain names that violate the interests of the state, the society and the public. Any word of this kind must not be registered as Chinese Domain Names.
- To ensure the stability and flexibility of domain name system, protect public interests, CNNIC limits the registration of certain words. When apply for registering restricted names, people shall apply to registrars for registration; CNNIC will review the application and make decisions according to practical needs of DNS or the specific situation of the applicant.